The Biosphere, based on Newcastle Helix is a new 90,000 sq. ft purpose-built £25m facility is tailored to the commercialisation of life science and innovation, research and development. It offers high quality biology and chemistry laboratories, Grade A offices, shared facilities, meeting and conference space. Suites are available from 300 sq. ft. and are mechanically and electrically enabled to meet containment level 2 for biosafety.
The state-of-the-art building has been developed by a design team led by Aura alongside award-winning architects Ryder, who have been supported by leading industry specialists including CAM-SCI, to ensure the building meets the needs of the healthcare and life sciences sector.
Within walking distance of Newcastle University, Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and National Innovation Centres this unique facility provides a global base for North East spin-out businesses and inward investors.
At a glance:
- Purpose-built 90,000 sq. facility for ambitious life science companies
- Biology and chemistry labs
- Three floors of containment level 2 fitted labs and write up areas with shared wash-up facilities
- Grade A office suite and conference space (for up to 80 people).
- Arranged over seven floors, based on 6.6m grid layout
- Located in the heart of Newcastle’s city centre
The latest video on the BioSphere, Newcastle Helix
For more information please contact:
|Angus White||Naylors||0191 211 1551|
The BioSphere – Newcastle Helix
Newcastle Helix, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK