The North East is home to software and technology companies operating and innovating across the globe. Headquartered within the region, but with many businesses also operating out of offices in London, United States of America, Europe and the rest of the world, the North East offers a unique prospect for investors.
Many of the companies located in the North East have grown into leading, world-class enterprises. The region is a driving force for digital innovation, world-class design, solid technology capabilities, and a highly skilled workforce. A substantial number of the Digital and Tech businesses based here have experienced rapid turnover growth in the regions nurturing digital environment.
Why Digital and Tech firms choose to locate in North East England
- Home to one of the UK’s fastest growing tech cluster outside of London
- The existence of an Innovation SuperNetwork, the first network of its kind in the UK. The SuperNetwork uses its unique position and overview of the region to ignite innovation and new collaborations
- A large talent pool primed with the specialised skills needed in the IT and Digital sector
- A region that knows how to bring together people, knowledge, ideas, new market opportunities and finance
- Outstanding facilities that provide businesses with a dynamic and supportive environment to accelerate the growth into global markets
- Benefitting from efficient major road, rail and metro networks and international airports, the region gives ready access to key business centres across the globe
- Five universities and the highest proportion of students studying STEM subjects in the UK
- An exceptional quality of life with a low cost of living enabling companies to attract and retain the best digital talent.