Invest North East England (INEE) offers a free and confidential package of services that are tailored to individual business needs. These services save businesses time and money and support a smooth move in to North East England.
INEE can help with information on financial incentives which can ensure a faster and more successful relocation to the region. Support is available to both national and international firms of all sizes that are considering a relocation to North East England.
For business looking to make their first investment into North East England, grants maybe available for significant investments from foreign or UK owned businesses (subject to companies meeting eligibility requirements).
Current incentives include:
- North East LEP Inward Investment Grant – For more information contact Guy Currey
- North of Tyne Inward Investment Grant – Find out more about the North of Tyne Inward Investment Fund
Small and medium business grants:
Capital grant funding maybe available for small or medium sized businesses looking to expand or establish a business base in North East England. Eligible companies could receive a grant of between 20% – 45% of expenditure (subject to companies meeting eligibility criteria).
Current incentives include:
- North of Tyne Growth Fund – Find out more about the North of Tyne Business Growth Fund
- County Durham Growth Fund – Find out more information about the County Durham Growth Fund
- The Growth Fund (Sunderland, South Tyneside and Gateshead) – Find out more about The Growth Fund
North East England is home to 21 Enterprise Zones, each offering enhanced benefits for companies looking to locate to one of the sites.
The North East sites have been strategically selected to drive growth by building on local strengths, making the most of our natural and physical environment, skills and existing business base, as well as the innovation ecosystem.
The sites benefit from agreements that enable upfront investment and speedy development facilities, as well as a simplified planning process through things such as Local Development Orders.
Benefits include either:
- Enhanced capital allowances or
- Business rate relief
Additional benefits of locating on an Enterprise Zone include
- Accelerated planning process
- Competitive property costs
- A working environment that is tailored to each business
- Close proximity to a skilled workforce and world class universities
- Excellent transport links to the region’s International airport, three Ports, principal train stations and access to the UK’s extensive road network
Discover more about our Enterprise Zones and other development opportunities in North East England.
Additional Funding Options
Additional funding and incentives are available in North East England, these include;
- North East Fund is a £120m investment programme available to SMEs across Durham, Northumberland and Tyne and Wear. Businesses relocating to the area may be eligible. There are five funds – each with a different investment focus to suit the needs of businesses depending on the sector in which they operate and their stage of development.
- The North East Growth Hub offers a one stop website for various funding options available to businesses of all sizes looking to locate and grow in North East England
- Soft Landing Package – In order to support your expansion or relocation in the North East of England, working with partners INEE can provide free or subsidised managed office accommodation, while you establish your business. We also make introductions to a range of professional service providers who can offer a bespoke package of support to help with your legal, financial and recruitment requirements. Find out more about the North East Soft Landing package