A proud and proven track record
North East England has a long and successful track record of attracting business to locate to the region and we offer a comprehensive package of free support, providing a single point of contact for companies looking to relocate to North East England.
We provide access to a commercial property and land database helping businesses to find suitable business premises
We have access to an extensive partnership network of Local Authorities, support agencies, sector specialists, universities, colleges, knowledge networks and business organisations throughout the region.
We can provide investors with a range of services including:
- A ‘Soft Landing’ package of accommodation, professional services and access to business networks to support your relocation or expansion
- Information and statistics on the local economy, demographics, infrastructure, labour market etc.
- Access to finance
- Assistance with property searches and local planning issues
- HR support including:
- Wage comparisons
- Local market information
- Support for key employees and their families moving to the area
- Supply chain introductions
- Introductions to external support programmes
- Personal Account Manager dedicated to your project and a full aftercare programme
Invest North East England works closely with our public and private sector partners to ensure businesses have access to the very best guidance and advice.
We have a knowledgeable and dedicated team able to provide the latest information on the availability of national and regional financial support packages.
Our Local Authority partners also provide an extensive package of Strategic Account Management support to existing investors, ensuring businesses based in the region continue to prosper and grow.
Invest North East England can help with information on financial incentives which can ensure a faster and more successful relocation to the region. Support is available to both national and international firms of all sizes that are considering a relocation to North East England ((subject to companies meeting eligibility requirements).
For business looking to make their first investment into North East England, grants maybe available for significant investments from foreign or UK owned businesses (subject to companies meeting eligibility requirements).
Current incentives include:
- North East LEP Inward Investment Grant – For more information contact Guy Currey
- North of Tyne Inward Investment Grant – Find out more about the North of Tyne Inward Investment Fund
Small and medium business grants:
Capital grant funding maybe available for small or medium sized businesses looking to expand or establish a business base in North East England. Eligible companies could receive a grant of between 20% – 45% of expenditure (subject to companies meeting eligibility criteria).
Current incentives include:
- North of Tyne Growth Fund – Find out more about the North of Tyne Business Growth Fund
- County Durham Growth Fund – Find out more information about the County Durham Growth Fund
- The Growth Fund (Sunderland, South Tyneside and Gateshead) – Find out more about The Growth Fund
North East England is home to 21 Enterprise Zones, each offering enhanced benefits for companies looking to locate to one of the sites.
The North East sites have been strategically selected to drive growth by building on local strengths, making the most of our natural and physical environment, skills and existing business base, as well as the innovation ecosystem.
The sites benefit from agreements that enable upfront investment and speedy development facilities, as well as a simplified planning process through things such as Local Development Orders.
Benefits include either:
- Enhanced capital allowances or
- Business rate relief
Additional benefits of locating on an Enterprise Zone include
- Accelerated planning process
- Competitive property costs
- A working environment that is tailored to each business
- Close proximity to a skilled workforce and world class universities
- Excellent transport links to the region’s International airport, three Ports, principal train stations and access to the UK’s extensive road network
Discover more about our Enterprise Zones and other development opportunities in North East England.