The North East is home to a Creative Digital and Tech sector which is truly thriving. One of the most productive and fastest-developing in the UK, the sector’s rapid rise is a source of great pride for us in the region. There have been many resources produced by a variety of organisations describing parts of the sector, but we believe that they do not truly define or fully reflect it.
For the first time, the leading organisations which represent and support the sector have partnered to create One Region, One Sector, One Statement. This document is a statement outlining what the sector actually looks like, what makes it so vibrant and represents our joint commitment to promoting North East Creative Digital and Tech in the best and most consistent way possible.
Together we believe that the sector is made up of companies which:
- Develop and sell hardware and/or software (This can include a wide range of products from business control systems to gaming)
- Implement and support hardware and/or software that others have developed
- Use technology to help others market their businesses
- Sell product yet rely substantially upon technology for their business (e.g. Nissan)
- Have significant technology departments (HMRC, Local Authorities, NHS).
Highlighting incredible businesses, showcasing both strong and emerging subsectors and promoting the extensive resources of support available to the sector, One Region, One Sector, One Statement is a baseline document fit for all of us to use to promote North East Creative Digital and Tech and appreciate its opportunities.
Ultimately, we hope this statement will help to inspire our next generation, attract talent and inward investment to our region and firmly put us on the map as an innovative place to live and work.
Download a copy of the One Region, One Sector, One Statement here